Monday, September 23, 2013

September 23, 2013 - First Goal Met

 


I am very excited that I have met my first goal of having @ 1,000 people view my donation page, my blog, my story and my journey via email and facebook.  This is so awesome.  I am very grateful to all the supporters I have already.   I am still looking to meet my financial goal, click here to help me make this happen:
http://www.active.com/donate/IMchattanoogaCCFA14/IRONMANVBate

This weekend I participated in the SkipJack International Distance event in Cambridge, MD.  I am still nursing my shoulder injury and I so have a love/hate realtionship with the Choptank River.  With a lot of nervous anxiety I did manage to slowly swim the 1.2 miles and survived with jelly fish stings and all.  But the most important is that I got in the water and I got out! Yeah.   I was lucky to have the support of my friend Tamara to help get my wetsuit on and off my injured shoulder.  I was so excited to finish a race in a fairly healthy state in 2013.  I even placed first in my age group. That was a bonus.

I completed this event with my friend and great supporter, Judy, who completed the 2.4 mile open water swim.  Judy is an awesome swimmer.  Judy has set a challenge for herself to complete her first century ride (100 miles) in October raising funds and awareness for Pancreatic Cancer.  Judy not only swims with me but also runs with me and knows first hand some of the struggles I experience while training.  It always makes things easier when you have understanding friends that can assist you along the way.   
 

Check out this link on other's stories about their crohn's:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLLatxj612o



 

No comments:

Post a Comment